Afghanistan Needs Us Now More Than Ever!
Your love and a compassionate donation right now of any size will provide immediate food relief that internally displaced Afghan families desperately need.
SpaceCom is teaming up with the Bayat foundation's "We Give So They May Live" campaign to deliver life-saving winter aid and food distribution to displaced Afghan families. The Bayat foundation is the largest U.S. based NGO with over 1000 local volunteers in all 34 provinces of Afghanistan and has been providing humanitarian supplies and aid throughout Afghanistan since 2005. Please join us and make a meaningful impact to SAVE AFGHAN DAUGHTERS NOW. By meeting our goal, we can provide more than 250,000 life saving meals. SpaceCom will match each tax-deductible donation, dollar-for-dollar, until we meet this fundraising campaign goal.
- Globally, Afghanistan has the highest number of acutely food insecure people ever recorded.
- It cost approximately $2.50/day to feed a family of five.
- The U.N. estimates 600,000 newly displaced Afghans are in urgent need of food, and lifesaving aid.
A recent UN report noted that Afghanistan is on a ‘countdown to catastrophe’ without urgent humanitarian relief.
- Of the 3.2 million children under the age of five, 1.6 million are at risk for acute malnutrition and could die by the end of this year.
- “Hunger is rising and children are dying”, said WFP Executive Director David Beasley. “We can’t feed people on promises – funding commitments must turn into hard cash, and the international community must come together to address this crisis, which is fast spinning out of control”.
With this harsh winter, Afghans will need even more assistance to prevent a large-scale humanitarian catastrophe. Winters in Afghanistan are extreme - temperatures plummet, snow and ice cover large parts of the country each year, and without food and shelter, displaced Afghans, including hundreds of thousands of children, will face unimaginable hardships. We need to help NOW! Bayat Foundation has already begun distributing food in many parts of Afghanistan - including Kabul, Mazar-e Sharif, Herat, and Kandahar, but this is only the tip of the iceberg. According to the World Food Programme, 18.8 million Afghans are already facing hunger and this number is expected to increase to 22.8 million by March of 2022 if we do not act fast enough - that is 55% of the population!
The “We Give So They May Live” campaign will raise funds to nourish the lives of at-risk displaced Afghan refugees and others who are victims of a collapsing economy, national drought, and COVID related health and economic challenges.
Your financial support will allow for Bayat Foundation to continue to serve, feed, clothe, and provide basic medical care to thousands of mothers, children, and families who have no other means of sustaining their lives at present. Let us come together to ease the suffering of millions of Afghan children, mothers, and families and to remind our fellow Afghan brothers and sisters that they are not alone!
Your tax-deductible gift, no matter how big or small, can make the difference between life or death for malnourished and suffering Afghans.
Let us give so that they may live!
No comments yet.
3 months ago
Matthew & Lindsay DeNapoli