Reduce Preventable Cesareans with ICAN
I CAN give birth!
I want to support ICAN because they do essential work toward supporting women in birth, informing them of the benefits and safety of VBAC and supporting women facing cesarean section.
$0 of $200
I'm raising funds for the International Cesarean Awareness Network (ICAN)! ICAN has impacted many lives for over 35 years by working towards improved maternal-child health through education, support, and advocacy surrounding cesarean and VBAC issues. ICAN changed my life when I received support for two VBACs after I had an unnecessary cesarean in 1995. ICAN can do the same for your loved one!
Why is ICAN's work important?
- U.S. Cesarean Rate is 32% for 2017
- U.S. VBAC rate is only 12.8% even though 60-80% of those who labor after cesarean have a VBAC.
- Of those interested in VBAC, 57% are unable to find a supportive provider or hospital, U.S. study shows.
- 80-90% of births in private Brazilian hospitals are Cesareans!
- Cesareans have short and long term risks which can remain many years beyond the current birth and affect the health of the childbearing person, their child, and future pregnancies.
- Only 3% of first cesareans were due to maternal request.
- "Unnecessary C-sections may be responsible for up to 20,000 major surgical complications a year, including everything from sepsis to hemorrhage to organ injury." - Dr. Neel Shah
Won't you join me today by donating to this worthy cause?
Let's bring more peace ✌️ on earth 🌎 by improving birth 👍 🤰🏽
No donations yet.
Fundraisers and Teams
No comments yet.