I'm going to run a marathon on a treadmill on August 23 to
(1) Support the outreach efforts here at Mission of Our Lady of the Angels (see below). We are have been serving 2-3 times as many people as normal during the pandemic. We also are trying to finish the renovation of our new outreach center. Please help us continue!
(2) Be in solidarity with all those seniors and homebound people who are stuck inside during the COVID-19 pandemic
(3) BREAK THE TREADMILL WORLD RECORD!!! You may say, "how is that possible?" Well, it appears as if no woman has ever recorded a time for a marathon on a treadmill before! So, here I come. First ever woman to try to record a time for a marathon on a treadmill.
(4) Get Team OLA over the $1,000,000 cumulative fundraising amount! If we raised $146,000 this year, Team OLA 2011-2020 will have raised over $1,000,000! That's amazing!
PLEASE donate today!! Prayers for all of you!
Please consider joining me on zoom on 8/23! https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0b4ea9a92ea57-srstephanies
More about Mission OLA:
Mission of Our Lady of the Angels exists to provide material and spiritual support to the W. Humboldt Park, Chicago- one of the most challenged neighborhoods in the US. The Mission feeds about 2000 families a month, provides additional material and pastoral support to families, youth, and senior citizens, and, most importantly, brings the love of Christ to a neighborhood desperately in need of hope. More info about the Mission at www.missionola.com
(1) Continue to respond to the complicated needs created by COVID-19 and the social unrest of summer 2020
-The Mission's neighborhood was hard hit by COVID-19, the economic effects of COVID-19, and many businesses were looted and burned in summer 2020. We will continue to respond with additional material and social service support.
(2) Help the Mission finish the renovations on its new outreach center to the neighborhood
-The new outreach center will provide the very needed space for the Mission's donation storage/ distribution, a handicapped accessible kitchen/ dining room, meeting space for neighborhood and retreat groups, and a 45+ bedroom retreat center for volunteers and retreat guests. See more HERE about the renovation project!
Donate today to be part of the miracle that is TEAM OLA!
The Mission is a 501(c)(3) and relies entirely on the donations of private donors.