All of us at the YMCA of Bucks County are grateful for the outpouring of support many of you have expressed. It is inspiring. You have offered your assistance to support our staff and members and we are so grateful. Many of our members, participants, and staff need the Y now, during this sustained time of uncertainty, more than ever.
Our lower income members and some of our staff request for funds for resources to support food insecurity, mental health, health and wellness, and financial hardship increase daily, and they are sure to continue to grow over the coming weeks and months. We are also continuing programs and outreach to some of our most vulnerable populations like our veterans, cancer survivors, seniors, recovering addicts, and those who have compromising health issues to ensure their wellbeing during this challenging time.
As things continue to evolve, we have been able to determine the most impactful ways we can support these individuals and families. We have established several funds to assist them. If you would like to help in this regard, you can contribute to the following funds:
EMERGENCY FUND FOR COMMUNITY
- Continued pathway support and resources for our most vulnerable populations
- Provide support for essential expenses for our low-income members and those currently on our financial assistance program.
- Food Delivery and Support for food insecure homes, seniors and those in need
- Fund programs to provide virtual tutoring for our youth education families
- Providing childcare support for healthcare professionals in our communities
EMERGENCY FUND FOR Y STAFF
- Provide support for essential expenses for our staff in need, particularly those who have no additional income support.
- Food Delivery and Support for food insecure homes, seniors and those employees in need
FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE and PATHWAY SUPPORT
- To expand our offerings to low and moderate income families for member, camp, childcare and programs when the Y reopens.
- Ensuring support for an increase in needs of support for our most vulnerable populations as the facility reopens and there will be an increased demand of our pathway programs for support, programs and services.
If you have the means, we hope you will consider making a contribution. All of us face unexpected consequences of COVID-19, and we truly appreciate any support that you can provide. These are extraordinary times and given all of the uncertainty, we remain solid in our commitment to the health and safety of our Y family.
Thank you for caring so deeply about this community. We are thinking of you and wish you and your family good health.